Pro Express Ultimate GV9553Professional results achieved at home
High-pressure steam boiler technology provides professional efficiency, while an exclusive double protection system keeps garments looking their best
• High pressure steam (up to 8 bars) with new high pressure boiler technology for excellent results
• Time-saving high pressure steam power, with an intense steam boost of up to 600 g/minute for stubborn creases and thick fabrics
• Continuous steam output of up to 140 g/minute for perfect results
• Exclusive double protection system for unparalleled peace of mind - Protect System converts dirty drops and leaks into steam to protect your garment from stains, and the calc collector enables easy removal of calc deposits for long-lasting performance
• Durilium AirGlide Autoclean soleplate with dual enamel layer stays clean over time, and delivers Tefal's smoothest glide by 33% more* for fast and effortless ironing
• Large 1.9 L water tank, removable for easy re-filling
• Highly intuitive new Direct Control panel located on the handle for convenience, saving time when switching between 4 electronic programs ensuring the optimal steam/temperature combination for different fabrics
• Lock system for safe and effortless transportation and storage
• Innovative cord storage system, convenient and hassle-free
• Made in France
Achieve Professional Efficiency for Ultimate Garment Care at Home
Pro Express Ultimate puts professional efficiency in the palm of your hand, with exceptional results for even the most demanding garment care needs. This easy-to-use high pressure steam iron produces shorter ironing sessions and peak efficiency through combining new high pressure boiler technology with a continuous steam output of up to 140g/minute, while the intense power of a 600g/minute steam boost tackles even the most stubborn creases. An intuitive new Direct Control panel is located on the handle for your convenience, saving you time as you adjust the settings when switching between different fabrics. The exclusive double protection system lets you iron in total peace of mind, with the anti-drip Protect System keeping your garments stain-free and the anti-calc system ensuring long-lasting performance. With a wide variety of enhanced features, Pro Express Ultimate delivers ultimate efficiency through the power of high pressure steam.
High pressure steam (up to 8 bars) with new high pressure boiler technology for excellent results
Time-saving high pressure steam power, with an intense steam boost of up to 600 g/minute for stubborn creases and thick fabrics
Continuous steam output of up to 140 g/minute for perfect results
Exclusive double protection system for unparalleled peace of mind - Protect System converts dirty drops and leaks into steam to protect your garment from stains, and the calc collector enables easy removal of calc deposits for long-lasting performance
Durilium AirGlide Autoclean soleplate with dual enamel layer stays clean over time, and delivers Tefal's smoothest glide by 33% more* for fast and effortless ironing
Large 1.9 L water tank, removable for easy re-filling
Highly intuitive new Direct Control panel located on the handle for convenience, saving time when switching between 4 electronic programs ensuring the optimal steam/temperature combination for different fabrics
Lock system for safe and effortless transportation and storage
Innovative cord storage system, convenient and hassle-free
Made in France
* External test on coatings
New high pressure boiler technology provides professional results at home.The best of steam power for ultimate efficiency.
High pressure steam penetrates fabric for professional efficiency that enables shorter ironing sessions.
Powerful Steam Boost
An intense steam boost to tackle even the most stubborn creases, ideal for ironing thick fabrics.
The ultimate steam technology optimizes the water intake to deliver an exceptional 140 g/min continuous steam output for perfect results time after time, and exceptional wrinkle removal made easy.
Exclusive Protect System
Experience total peace of mind with exclusive double protection: the Protect System converts drops and leaks into steam and prevents stains, while the calc collector makes calc removal easy.
Intuitive control panel at your fingertips
Adjust the settings at the touch of a button using the sleek new Direct Control panel located on the handle for your convenience, to save you time when switching between garment types. Four electronic presets ensure the perfect combination of steam and temperature for each fabric.
Durilium AirGlide Autoclean soleplate
New Durilium AirGlide Technology ensures the best glide by Tefal for fast and effortless ironing with 33% more glide and long-lasting performance.
Large Removable Water Tank
The large removable 1.9 L water tank can be filled at any time during the ironing session.
Protective cover for easy and safe transport
The protective bubble secures the iron in place to provide carry and storage options with total ease and safety.
Kills up to 99.99% bacteria : thanks to the combination of temperature and steam pressure, your high pressure steam generator kills up to 99.99% of bacteria from all ironable fabrics.
Choose a board that is height-adjustable to adjust it to your body. It should be steady and robust so that you can place the ironing appliance on it. The board should be perforated to allow the steam to pass through the fibres of the fabric to soften it and make ironing easier. The ironing board cover should also be suitable to allow the flow of steam through.
This function allows you to iron fabrics in situ or on a hanger. To do this, set the iron temperature button to the maximum position. • Leave the item on a hanger and gently pull the fabric with one hand. • Press the steam control button intermittently and move the iron from top to bottom. As the steam produced is very hot, it softens the fibres and removes creases. Note: Never use the vertical steam function on an item being worn by anyone.
Yes this is because the steam is generated in a separate area away from the soleplate of the iron. This allows you to obtain steam on the lowest heat setting, e.g. silks. However, when the iron temperature control is set to the lowest setting you must also set the steam output control dial (depending on the model) to the low position, otherwise water droplets may appear in the steam.
To avoid damaging the soleplate, follow this advice: • Always place your iron on its heel rest or its base (depending on model), • Avoid ironing over abrasive items (buttons, zip fastenings, etc.), • Never clean your iron’s soleplate with abrasive or metallic pads.
Shiny marks can appear on some fabrics, especially on dark coloured fabrics. We would advise ironing dark clothes inside out and using the correct temperature. If ironing mixed-fibre fabrics, set the temperature for the most fragile fibre. Important: The iron takes longer to cool down than to heat up. We recommend that you start with fabrics to be ironed at a low temperature.
• Tap water: Your appliance has been designed to function using untreated tap water. If your water is very hard, we recommend you use a max of 50% untreated tap water and 50% distilled water available in most shops.
• Types of water not to use: Heat concentrates the elements contained in water during evaporation. The types of water listed below may contain organic waste, mineral or chemical elements that can cause spitting, brown staining or premature wear of the appliance: water from clothes dryers, scented or softened water, water from refrigerators, batteries, air conditioners, rain water, boiled, ﬁltered or bottled water. These types of water should not be used in your equipment. Also only use distilled water as advised above.
Always remember: Never use rainwater or water containing additives (like starch, fragrance or water from domestic appliances). Such additives can affect the steam properties and at high temperature, form deposits in the steam generator chamber which are likely to stain your washing.
Before any maintenance, make sure that the appliance is unplugged and that the soleplate, boiler and iron rest have cooled down (at least 2 hours after ironing). Do not use any maintenance or descaling product to clean the soleplate or the base unit. Never hold the iron or its base unit under a running tap. Cleaning the base unit: • Wipe the plastic parts from time to time using a slightly damp soft cloth. Maintaining the boiler (once a month): • Please note: To prolong your boiler's efficiency and avoid scale deposits, you must rinse the boiler every 10 uses (around once a month). • Check that the generator is cool and has been unplugged for more than 2 hours. • Slowly loosen the boiler cap. If your generator boiler has an anti-calc rod, take this out and rinse it under the tap before placing it back in the boiler. • Use a jug to fill the boiler with tap water until it is 3/4 full. • Shake the base unit gently for a few seconds then empty it completely over the sink. • For best results, we recommend that you perform this operation once again. If you live in a hard water area, do this more often. Most of all, do not use any descaling products to clean the boiler as they could damage it.
Descaling operation is not needed for the steam generator, nevertheless, you could rinse the boiler every 10 uses (refer to user manual). Never use any descaling agent or vinegar when rinsing the boiler: they could damage it. • Models with scale collector: Rinse the scale collector under water. The next time you use your generator, press the "restart" button to turn off the orange "Anti-calc" light (depending on model). • Models without scale collector: Rinse the boiler. The next time you use your generator, press the "restart" button to turn off the orange "Anti-calc" light (depending on model).
• The Durillium soleplate: Regularly clean the soleplate with a damp, non metallic washing up pad. For easier, non-corrosive cleaning of your iron's soleplate, use a damp sponge on the soleplate while it is still warm. If cleaning dirt off is an issue, use the stick which is made specifically for cleaning the Durillium soleplates. • The stainless soleplate: Clean the soleplate of your iron when it is cool with a damp cloth or a non-abrasive sponge. • The autoclean soleplate: It is recommended that you use a soft damp cloth on the warm soleplate, in order not to damage the surface. Warning: The use of iron cleaner will cause damage to your soleplate's autoclean coating.
No. When starting or using the steam generator you may hear a pumping or vibrating noise along with a clicking sound. This is completely normal and is just the pump injecting water into the boiler, or the steam valve opening.
If the boiler does not operate or the red light on the control panel comes on even though there is still water left in the tank, we suggest you check the water tank is not empty. You can also check the removable water tank (depending on model) is pressed down firmly in place and press the restart button located on the control panel. Also the steam output control dial may be set at minimum (depending on Model); therefore turn the dial up to increase the steam.
This can be due to: • Trying to use steam before the iron is hot enough. Depending on the model of generator, when ironing on a low temperature, decrease the steam output by adjusting the steam output dial on the control panel. Wait for the iron temperature control light to go out before ironing. • The water may also have condensed in the pipes because you are using steam for the first time or you have not used it for some time. In which case hold the iron away from the ironing board and press the steam control button until it produces steam. • Over-use of the turbo steam function can cool down the iron soleplate. In this case stop using the turbo steam function and allow the iron temperature control light to come on and go off again before using this function again. • The boiler may be too full. Do not fill it right to the top.
• You are using chemical descaling products or additives in the water. You should never put these products in the water tank. If this is the case, contact an Approved Service Centre. • Your washing has not been rinsed sufficiently or you are ironing a new item of clothing before washing it. Ensure that you have rinsed your clothes thoroughly in order to to remove soap deposits or chemicals from new garments which could stick to the iron.
After following the instructions in the user manual for starting the appliance, make sure that your electrical socket is working by plugging another appliance. If it still does not work, do not try to dismantle or repair the appliance yourself and take it to an approved repair centre.
No. The pressure is at a relatively low level. Your appliance has two safety systems. • A valve avoids any excess pressure and, in the event of malfunction of the appliance, allows the surplus steam to escape. • A thermal fuse to avoid any overheating.
A steam generator is the most powerful iron that generates vast amounts of powerful steam in a separate boiler unit and pumps that steam constantly and consistently through the iron's soleplate straight into the clothes. The benefit is that this halves your ironing time and produces fantastic ironing finishes. A steam station is similar to an ordinary iron but has a larger water tank. The water is pumped up to the iron and the steam is generated in the iron not a separate boiler unit. The steam output is constant but not as powerful as a steam generator.
The formation of lime scale is avoided because the water is not in direct contact with the heating element, which is located outside the tank. However, the tank should be rinsed after 10 uses to avoid lime scale deposits.
These functions means that your steam generator is fitted with an electronic regulation which offers you the perfect temperature and steam combination allowing you to iron all your ironable fabrics without risk and without having to sort them.