Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Po Boys are traditional New Orleans sandwiches which is typically crumbed oysters on a loaf of crusty French bread. Many of the Po boy shops also serve it with other types of meat such as prawns, crawfish, fried chicken or hot sausage. Justine uses cornmeal mixed with traditional Po boy spices for the coating to add a bit of crunch and chooses to air fry instead of deep fry for a healthier alternative. The prawns were cooked in the Easy Fry Deluxe air fryer which comes with a removable basket tray that allows hot air to circulate and cooks the food evenly. It is also non-stick which makes it easy to clean. Minimal oil and MAXIMUM crunch factor.
1. Combine the crumb mix together in one bowl.
2. In another bowl whisk the egg and add the buttermilk.
3. Place the prawns in the egg mixture, then toss in the crumb mixture, ensuring each prawn is completely coated.
4. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and place them in the air fryer.
5. Set fryer to prawn function and cook for 10 mins.
6. Combine mayonnaise with the chilli sauce and lemon. With a serrated knife cut the bread rolls open and spread mayonnaise on each side. Evenly distribute the lettuce and tomato on the base of each roll and then top with 3 crumbed prawns.