Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Frittata is a very versatile egg-based Italian dish that is quite similar to an omelette which is usually loaded up with vegetables and meat (or whatever leftovers you could find like roasted vegetables or meat). Typically, it is cooked over the stove top and then baked in the oven to finish. This classic frittata recipe makes for a great brunch or light dinner paired with some rocket salad or a slice of toast. Justine uses the Tefal Pro Selection non-stick induction frypan with stainless steel handle for this recipe which is great because it can go directly into the oven to finish.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the eggs and ricotta in a bowl, season well and whisk until smooth.
3. Heat the butter in the frypan (approx. 30cm) over medium heat.
4. Add the butter, onion and a pinch of salt to the pan.
5. Add parsley stalks and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
6. Remove from the heat.
7. Add asparagus and warm through, coating with the onion.
8. Arrange the asparagus neatly in the pan before gently pouring the egg mixture over so that you don’t disturb the asparagus.