Number of People
This recipe is created for Tefal by nutritionist Rosie Mansfield in partnership with #GoodChefBadChef.
1. Thinly slice the onion.
2. Meanwhile in a pan, put the coconut oil, onion and curry leaves and saute.
3. Microplane the ginger and garlic and add to the frypan with lentils, chickpeas, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala and vegetable broth. Next, add the beetroot and stir through with salt and pepper. Place lid on the frypan on a low to medium heat for half an hour.
4. Take lid off and mix through coconut cream. Place lid back on and cook for another half an hour or until beetroot is soft. Turn the heat off and stir through spinach leaves.
5. Meanwhile, cook brown rice.
6. Serve, ensuring you don’t have any curry leaves in your bowl. Top with fresh coriander, lemon, coconut yoghurt and brown rice.