Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Heat pan over a low heat and add the duck legs skin side down and slowly bring up the heat. Once golden turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes to seal and season with salt. Remove from the pan and drain off excess fat, leaving 1 tablespoon.
3. Add the onion and cook for two minutes to caramelise, then add the drained and chopped porcini mushrooms, reserving the liquid for later.
4. Next, add peppercorns to the pan and cook off. Deglaze with white wine and reduce by 1/3, add the sage leaves and then return the duck.
5. Add mushroom liquid and stock and bring to the boil. Place the lid on and put in the oven. Cook for 1 hour or until the meat falls away from the bone easily.
6. Once cooked carefully remove duck from the pan and skim off any excess fat. Bring sauce to boil and reduce by a further 1/3 before adding the cream.
7. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Return the duck legs, skin side up and serve with a flat long pasta like fettuccine or tagliatelle.