Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet. #EDG2020
1. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. Heat a large frypan over a medium to high heat and add oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook the chicken skin side down for 4-5 minutes until golden and blistered. Turn over and cook for a further minute. Remove and rest on a plate.
3. Add the shallots and using a wooden spoon stir scraping any caramelised bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the wine or verjuice and reduce by a one third then return the chicken and any juices on the plate. Pour in the stock and return the chicken to the pan skin side up. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
4. Once cooked remove chicken from the pan and rest on a plate.
5. Place the pan back on the stovetop. Add cream and grapes and reduce until thickened. Pour the sauce into a serving dish and place over the chicken, sprinkle over tarragon to serve.