Number of People
#AutumnRecipes This recipe is cooked in the Ingenio removable handle cookware and is created by Tefal brand ambassador, Justine Schofield.
1. Preheat the oven to 175C. Butter and lightly flour the base of an Ingenio 26cm Frypan.
2. In a saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter and a pinch of salt over low heat. Cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until it dissolves. Add the flour and whisk well to combine. Add the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and then pour into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until the crust forms and the centre is slightly wobbly and still gooey when pierced with a skewer.
4. While the fondant is cooking make the candied hazelnuts. Place sugar into a pan with a splash of water and allow to dissolve. Once it starts to liquidise swirl the pan and then wait until it becomes an amber colour. Remove from the heat and add the hazelnuts. Coat well before pouring onto a tray lined with baking paper. Cool completely and let set, then break up in shards.
5. Cool the fondant slightly before dusting with icing sugar. Portion fondant and serve with candied hazelnut shards. Serve with ice cream.