Number of People
This is part of our 5 day Cook4Me+ meal plan created in partnership with dietitians The Biting Truth @thebitingtruth.
You will love these mighty mexican inspired meatballs simmered in a delicious tomato sauce. This tasty family meal is packed with nutrients and if your kids struggle with enjoying red meat, then these meatballs are a great place to start!
1. Combine pork mince, half of the coriander, garlic, half of the spring onion, half of the chipotle paste, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl and season with pepper. Mix well to combine and form tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on a plate.
2. Turn on browning function. Heat oil in pot and add meatballs for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat pot and add passata, 100mL boiling water, tomato paste, spinach and remaining chipotle paste and heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add meatballs back in and stir to coat in the sauce. Pressure cook for 20 minutes.
5. Mix the cooked brown rice, corn kernels and remaining spring onion.
6. Serve meatballs with brown rice mixture and top with remaining fresh coriander.