Number of People
This is part of our 5 day Cook4Me+ meal plan created in partnership with dietitians The Biting Truth @thebitingtruth.
A delicious, super simple vegetarian pasta dish for the whole family to enjoy! This take on the traditional spag bol replaces beef for lentils. Lentils provide a good dose of protein and prebiotic fibres, which act as food for the healthy bugs living in our guts.
1. Turn on browning function and heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and carrots and season with pepper. Keep the lid off and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onions are clear and the vegetables are soft.
2. Add the mushrooms and zucchini. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the bay leaf, oregano, chilli flakes and thyme.
4. Then add the tomato paste, tomatoes, lentils, balsamic vinegar and water and stir to incorporate. Close the lid and pressure cook for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet instructions.
6. Serve Lentil Bolognese over pasta and top with parmesan cheese, fresh basil and a side of broccolini and tomatoes.