Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Travelling through Hong Kong, Justine had the most delicious sticky beef noodles and this is her version of it. In this recipe, Justine uses chuck beef which is fantastic for slow cooking or pressure cooking as it has a nice amount of fat. The best part about using a pressure cooker is getting slow cooked results fast, which is extremely helpful for getting food on the table in a shorter amount of time. With the Cook4Me+, it only takes 45 minutes compared to 3 hours of traditional cooking PLUS you get to spend more time with your family while you wait for it to cook! The result? Melt-in-your-mouth soft and tender meat with a sweet and salty sauce perfect over rice noodles or some steamed rice.
1. Season the beef with olive oil and salt. Set Cook4Me+ to browning function and cook the meat on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. In a separate bowl, mix soy sauce, honey and shaxoing wine. Remove meat and rest on a plate.
3. Add the spring onions and a splash of olive oil to the pressure cooker. Next, add the garlic, ginger, Sichuan and star anise. Return the meat along with it’s juices and pour the sauce over the top. Add the water.
4. Return the lid on and lock. Set the timer for 45 minutes and begin to cook under pressure.
5. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
6. Once the timer has stopped release the steam and open. Remove meat and shred into chunks.