Number of People
#MealPrep Shepherds pie is always better when made in big batches. It's the perfect recipe for meal prep - it keeps well, freezes well and reheats well! In this version of shepherds pie, Hoda does away with the traditional mince and makes this extra special with pulled lamb flavoured with delicious Middle Eastern spices. This recipe is created by Tefal brand ambassador, Hoda Hannaway.
1. Pre-heat the bowl on Manual browning setting. Once prompted, place oil and lamb in the bowl and brown for a few minutes on each side.
2. Add onions and garlic with the meat and sauté for a 1-2 minutes, add 7-spice mix, bay leaves, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and a pinch of salt flakes.
3. Pressure cook for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, make your mashed potato for the topping. Cover potatoes in water, bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes or until potato is tender.
5. Strain potatoes in a strainer and allow to cool slightly. Return to pot and mash with a masher adding the milk, butter and salt to taste. Set aside until needed.
6. Once the lamb has finished cooking, remove lamb and place in a bowl. Add chopped carrots to the C4M bowl and pressure cook for 2 mins.
7. Pull lamb and set aside. Line your small Ingenio fry pan (or pie dish) with a sheet of pastry, measuring the base and cutting the sheet to size. Use the second sheet of shortcrust pastry to cut strips and cover the sides of your pan, using a fork to press down together.
8. Return to the Cook4me+, add your cornflour slurry while whisking vigorously and then cook on browning function for a further few minutes, or until thickened nicely. Add the pulled lamb and mix to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as required.
9. Fill your prepared pie crust with the lamb filling, place mash potatoes in a piping bag and pipe in a spiral motion on top of the filling, smooth out with a spatula and bake in a preheated oven (180C) for approx. 30-40 mins or until golden on top. Serve.
Tip: If you are freezing some of the pie, make sure to keep it in individual portions for easier reheating.