Number of People
This recipe is created for Tefal by our dear friend and brand ambassador Hoda Kobeissi.
1. Pre-heat pot on manual browning setting. Once prompted, place oil and lamb in the bowl and brown for a few minutes on each side.
2. Add onions and garlic with the meat and sauté for a 1-2 minutes, add 7-spice mix, bay leaves, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and a pinch of salt flakes.
3. Pressure cook for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, make your mashed potato for the topping. Bring potatoes and enough water to cover them, to the boil, cook for about 5 minutes or until potato is tender.
5. Strain potatoes in a strainer and allow to cool slightly. Return to pot and mash with a masher adding the milk, butter and salt to taste. Once your happy with flavor and texture, set aside until needed.
6. Once lamb has finished cooking, remove lamb and place in a bowl. Add chopped carrots to the C4M bowl and pressure cook for 2 mins.
7. Pull lamb and set aside. Line your small Ingenio fry pan (or pie dish) with a sheet of pastry, measuring the base and cutting the sheet to size. Use the second sheet of shortcrust pastry to cut strips and cover the sides of your pan, using a fork to press down together.
8. Return to the Cook4me+, add your cornflour slurry while whisking vigorously and then cook on browning function for a further few minutes, or until thickened nicely. Add the pulled lamb and mix to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as required.
9. Fill your prepared pie crust with the lamb filling, place mash potatoes in a piping bag and pipe in a spiral motion on top of the filling, smooth out with a spatula and bake in a preheated oven (180C) for approx. 30-40 mins or until golden on top. Serve.