Number of People
This recipe is created for Tefal by our dear friend and brand ambassador Hoda Kobeissi.
1. Pre-heat pot on browning function. When prompted, add olive oil and onions to the bowl, cook for a few minutes or until translucent.
2. Add lentils and sauté for a further 30 seconds. Add 2 cups of the cold water and switch the machine to pressure cook mode for 3 minutes.
3. When prompted open the machine and mix the onions and lentils then add the rice, cumin, salt and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for 9 minutes.
4. When prompted, open the machine and fluff the lentils and rice with a fork. Place in a wide dish and allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Once rice and lentils are at room temperature start to assemble the dish. In a large mixing bowl place the lentils and rice mixture and all the vegetables minus the herbs. Mix lightly until well combined. Add the dressing and toss together.
6. Place salad in a large serving bowl and top with herbs and a little more grated carrots. Serve.