Number of People
This is part of our 5 day Cook4Me+ meal plan created in partnership with dietitians The Biting Truth @thebitingtruth.
Tuck into this hearty and thick chicken and barley soup for a proper winter warmer! The addition of barley provides a great texture and a bunch of nutrients including fibre, protein, B vitamins and minerals like iron and zinc. Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods, like barley, decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality.
1. Turn on sauté function. Heat oil in the pot and add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, fennel and leek. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add flour and continue to stir.
3. Add tomato passata, barley and 2 cups of water.
4. Place chicken in the pot. Add 1L chicken stock, bay leafs and thyme.
5. Pressure cook for 45 minutes.
6. Use a fork to shred the chicken, remove bay leafs and serve with fresh parsley and pepper.