Number of People
#entertaining #quickandeasy #cookware
1. Peel the prawns, use a small knife to remove the black cord running the length of the prawns.
2. Dry with kitchen paper.
3. Mix together rice wine or dry sherry, five spice powder and tomato puree.
4. Add prawns and mix to cover well.
5. Heat the Wok and add the oil.
6. Whilst the oil is heating toss the prawns in cornflour. Shake to remove excess.
7. Then dip into beaten egg and finally toss in breadcrumbs.
8. When the oil develops a light haze, fry the prawns, a few at a time until golden brown (2-3 minutes).
9. Put the cooked prawns on the tempura rack for a minute, to cool slightly before serving with wedges of lime.