This recipe is created by Tefal brand ambassador Hoda Hannaway.
1. Place Fava beans in food processor and process until a fine crumb is formed. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Process chickpeas in same processor until you have same consistency as beans, add on top of beans.
3. Place the rest of the ingredients (except the bicarbonate soda) and process until you have a fine paste. Add on top of beans and chickpeas along with bicarbonate soda and knead until well combined.
4. At this stage you can freeze the batter to use another time. But if using immediately, heat oil for deep frying in a saucepan or deep fryer to 180 degrees.
5. Drop spoonfuls of falafel mix and fry until golden and crispy on the outside.
6. Serve with fresh vegetables, pickles and a tahini sauce on Lebanese bread.