This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Yoghurt is a popular breakfast food or it makes for a healthy dessert with some fresh fruit and compote. Mama Françoise joins Justine today to show us how to make homemade yoghurt easily at home with the help of the Tefal Multicook & Stir. This appliance comes with a yoghurt function which enables the yoghurt to set nicely in a controlled temperature resulting in a silky-smooth texture. If you eat a lot of yoghurt (just like the Mama Françoise!), making your own is a great way to ensure there are no artificial additives/sugar, be a bit more creative with the flavours, and saves you a lot of money.
1. Add milk powder to UHT milk, use a whisk to combine.
2. In a large bowl gradually add UHT mixture to the yoghurt, whisking to ensure the ingredients are blended well.
3. Pour mixture carefully into the bowl of a Multicook & Stir, set on the yoghurt function at 40°C and allow to incubate and set for 10 hours.
4. At the end of heating time, carefully remove bowl and then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or even better overnight.
5. Transfer yoghurt to containers, label with date of preparation. Use within 7 days.