Number of People
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7.
2. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, whisk together and put aside.
3. Peel and finely slice the garlic. Halve the tomatoes.
4. Place a 26cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan and fry for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to soften, tossing occasionally.
5. Tear the top leafy half of the basil into the pan (save the stalks for tasty cooking another day) and cook for another 3 minutes, squashing a few tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
6. Spread everything out fairly evenly in the pan, then pour over the eggs and tear over the mozzarella.
7. Transfer to the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
8. Leave to sit in the pan for a few minutes, then turn out, slice, and serve with a big, balsamic-dressed salad on the side.
Recipe © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited (2019) Photography: Sam Robinson.