Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet. #TefalCookAroundTheWorld2021
Korean pancake, also known as Pajeon, is a savoury pancake and one of the most popular flavour combinations is usually made of thinly sliced scallions, carrots and seafood. For this recipe, Justine adds kimchi for its texture and flavour. It is flippin' great (pun intended) as an appetizer, snack or side dish or even as a light meal for those days when you need to whip up something quick and easy. In this recipe, Justine uses the Tefal Character non-stick induction pancake pan which has a low lid making it easier to flip the pancake.
1. Whisk together the water, egg and soy sauce in a large bowl.
2. Add the flour and mix until there are no lumps and a smooth batter form. Add the spring onions, kimchi and sesame seeds and fold through.
3. Heat oil in a pan and dollop batter in. Spread out to make an even pancake that almost reaches the side of the pan.
4. Scatter over the prawns and cook for a few minutes or until golden on the bottom and slides easily in the pan. Flip and cook for a further minute.
5. Cut into wedges and top with sweet chilli sauce, spring onion and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.