This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Everybody will agree that nothing beats freshly cooked jam-filled donuts but there is something quite special about doing it right at the comfort of your home. This super easy donut recipe is so quick to make and cook using the Multicook & Stir which has the bread rising function to help prove the donuts and the fry function so you can actually use it to fry the donuts. Justine recommends putting the dough in a piping bag and pipe directly into the hot oil. It is ready when it doubles in size and puffs up. Once done, just coat in cinnamon sugar and fill with raspberry jam.
1. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of milk so it’s lukewarm. Add the yeast and allow to prove for 15 minutes or until frothy.
2. In the Multicook & Stir bowl, whisk the eggs and 1/4 cup of sugar until combined and then add the flour, the yeast mixture, remaining milk and a pinch of salt. Mix until a sticky dough form.
3. Place the bowl in the Multicook & Stir and set the program to Bread Rising. This will prove the dough for 1 hour. Once the dough has almost doubled in size, remove and place into a piping bag. Clean the bowl.
4. Add the oil to the cleaned bowl, select the Crust/Fry function (vegetable food type). Pre-heat oil.
5. Fill another piping bag or syringe with the jam. In a shallow bowl combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
6. Snip the end of the donut dough piping bag with scissors. Pipe into the oil, snipping the dough with the scissors one at a time so they drop carefully into the hot oil. Alternatively, use two spoons to form walnut shaped ball of dough to drop into the oil. Fry until golden brown.
7. Once cooked and cooled enough to handle but still warm, roll in the sugar mixture. Pierce the base of each donut with a nozzle head or knife and fill the donut with the jam. roll into the cinnamon sugar and serve while still warm.