Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Chicken burrito is one of the most popular dishes you can get for delivery but it is even better when you do it from home just the way you like it. Justine uses the Tefal Optigrill+ XL which comes with an automatic sensor and 6 cooking programs to take the guesswork out of cooking. Just marinate the meat and let the Optigrill+ XL do the grilling for you. This is a great party dish to have as a build-your-own burrito station with all the condiments in separate bowls or prepare the burritos in advance and just grill when it's time to eat! Best served with a scoop of guacamole and sour cream.
1. In a bowl combine oil, spices and salt and pepper. Add chicken and capsicum and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. For the avocado salsa, combine all the ingredients and season with salt.
3. Preheat the grill. Place the chicken in one single layer on the grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and caramelised, rotating to cook on both sides.
4. Remove and wipe the grill with a paper towel. Roughly chop the chicken with the capsicum into bite-size pieces after it has rested for a few minutes.
5. Place the tortillas into the microwave for 15 seconds to make them more pliable. Lay them on a clean surface and evenly spread avocado in the centre of each tortilla. Top with cabbage and beans, followed by the chicken and cheese. Wrap up into a burrito and then place on to the grill to toast for a minute.