Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Pasta is one of the most versatile dish you can make with the different sauce options such as tomato sauce, cream sauce or oil-based sauce. Justine gets creative by making the sauce with chorizo, curry leaves and tomato relish. The relish gives it a vinegary sweet flavour while the addition of fresh tomatoes adds liquid to the sauce. This recipe is from Justine's The Weeknight Cookbook and she cooks this recipe video using the Daily Cook stew pot and frypan. The stew pot lid is quite unique as it can sit on the handle or on the counter with the handle as a stand which makes cooking mess-free.
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook until just al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add the chorizo. Cooking Time: 2-3 mins, until the oil from the chorizo is released.
3. Add the garlic and curry leaves and stir to coat in the oil, then add the relish and tomato.
4. Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook for a further 30 seconds to soften the tomato.
5. Deglaze with the wine, bring to a simmer and cook for 2–3 minutes.
6. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce with 1–2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water, the butter and then add the parsley and toss everything together. Serve with the Parmesan.