Number of People
This recipe is created for Tefal by Chef Adrian in partnership with #GoodChefBadChef.
1. Mix yeast with 2 tablespoons of warm water, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of rice flour in a small bowl and set it aside for 10 minutes or until yeast activates.
2. In a mixing bowl, add rice four, yeast mixture, sugar, water and coconut milk. Whisk thoroughly to ensure your batter has no lumps. Cover the bowl with cling film and allow mixture to prove in a warm area for 20-30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat some extra virgin olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onion, chilli, curry powder, spring onion, coriander and curry leaves. Add prawns and saute for 2-3 minutes or until prawns are cooked. Set mixture aside.
4. Heat the hopper pan (or small wok) and add about 30ml of the batter and turn the pan gently so the batter coats the sides to form a thin layer. Working quickly, crack an egg into the centre of the pan and pierce the yolk with the back of a spoon and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the batter is crispy and the egg is cooked.
5. Use your spatula to carefully take the hopper from the pan. Spoon prawn mixture over hopper and enjoy!