Number of People
#weeknightdinner #cookware #healthy
1. Rinse and dry the cauliflower and remove the stalk and the leaves. Trim slightly and set aside the leaves and the trimmings.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
3. Heat the pot with a little olive oil and place the whole cauliflower inside. Brown the cauliflower on all sides for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, add the butter and allow to melt. As it melts, gradually baste the cauliflower with the melted butter. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with smoked paprika and sea salt. Put the lid on the pot and place the pot in the oven. Bake for approx. 40 minutes. Prick with a knife to check that it is cooked. It should go in easily. If not, continue cooking for a little while longer.
4. Remove the lid and sprinkle the cauliflower with grated cheddar. Cook for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and has browned a little. Adjust the cooking time according to your oven.
5. While the cauliflower roasts, make a zero-waste sauce using the trimmings and chopped cauliflower leaves. Cook everything in a large saucepan with the cream and a little salt with the lid on for 30 minutes. Check that it is cooked and then blend. Season with salt and pepper and thin the sauce with a little water or cream if necessary.
6. Serve the roasted cauliflower with the sauce. Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and garnish with smoked paprika.