Number of People
#JulyInFrance This recipe is created by Justine Schofield, Tefal brand ambassador and cooked using Tefal Ingenio cookware.
1. Place caster sugar, cinnamon stick and star anise into a pot and add 2-3 cups of water. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to low and add the pear. Cover and cook gently for 5-6 minutes and then turn the heat off and allow pears to cool completely in syrup. This can be done a day or two ahead of time.
2. Whisk the eggs, sugar, cornflour, lemon zest and vanilla together. Fold in the almond meal followed by the crème fraiche. The consistency should be like pancake batter. Cover and rest batter for 1 hour in the fridge.
3. Pre heat the oven to 210C.
4. Butter an Ingenio 26cm frypan. Quarter the pears then arrange in a rose pattern in the base of the pan. Pour the clafoutis mixture over the pears carefully and bake for 15-20 minutes until just set and golden.
5. Dust with icing sugar and serve hot with ice cream.