Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Chip chip, hooray! This universal snack is well-loved all over the world however way you want to call it - Hot chips, chippies, or french fries. There are many ways to cook them to reach that perfect crispy-licious golden brown on the outside, and light and fluffy in the centre kind of chips. Justine uses the Tefal Easy Fry Deluxe air fryer to cook these hot chips to perfection and as air fryers require little to no oil, this is something you could probably have every day without the guilt! These air fried hot chips are perfect with Justine's special sauce - watch the video to find out what this special sauce is.
1. Cut the potatoes into thick chips and soaked in water for 30 minutes.
2. Pat dry the chips with paper towel and place in a bowl with the extra virgin olive oil and salt.
3. Remove the basket from the air fryer, place the seasoned chips into the base and set the machine for 20 minutes on the chip function at 180C.
4. Halfway through the cooking process pull out the basket and give it a little shake and then place back into the machine.
5. Once golden and cooked through serve with favourite sauce.