Number of People
#smartgrills #quickandeasy #weeknightdinner #healthy #entertaining
1. Slice each carrot and parsnip on the bias into 2.5 cm chunks. Slice the sweet potatoes into 1 cm thick rounds; cut each round in half. Place the vegetables in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook the vegetables in the microwave, on high, for 6 minutes or until fork-tender but still firm.
2. Whisk the maple syrup with the melted butter, thyme, orange zest, salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables with the syrup mixture.
3. Select the "Manual Mode" program and press "OK". Once the purple indicator light has stopped flashing, place the skewers on the grill and close the lid.
4. Cook, in batches, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and well marked; tent the cooked vegetables with foil between batches.
5. Meanwhile, stir the vinegar into the syrup mixture left in the bowl. Once all the vegetables are cooked, return to the bowl and toss gently in the syrup-vinegar mixture to coat.
Tips: Serve with roast pork or chicken. Substitute 2 tsp (10 mL) dried thyme leaves for the fresh thyme.