Number of People
#everydaygourmet #entertaining #weeknightdinner #pressurecooker
This recipe was created in partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Petit Sale is the ultimate French pheasant style slow-cooked dish made of salted pork belly and lentils hailing from the Auvergne region of France. Back in the days, people would cure the meat with salt to make it last longer. In this recipe, we show a faster way to make a slow-cooked dish by using the Tefal ClipsoMinut' Perfect pressure cooker - cooked in 45 minutes. The pork turns out very tender and delicious you could even pull it apart with two spoons. This is a great winter warmer and hearty dish and finishing it off with some fresh parsley brightens it up. Great for family dinners, potluck parties or batch cooking for the week ahead.
1. Combine the salt and sugar and place half in a non-reactive container then rest the pork on top. Sprinkle over remaining salt and sugar. Using your hands massage the mixture into the pork. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Brush off the salt mixture and wash the pork under cold running water and pat dry.
3. Place the pork in the pressure cooker, cover with water and bring to the boil. Skim off the impurities until the water is clear again. Add the vegetables, lentils and bouquet garni. Pressure cook for 35 minutes. Add the sausages and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Carefully remove pork and sausages. Discard the bouquet garni. And add the butter and parsley. Season with salt if needed.
5. Slice the pork and sausages. Serve lentils and vegetables in shallow bowls along with pork and sausages