Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Justine shares with us this deliciously tender and flavourful Sicilian style pork dish. If you are wondering what agrodolce means, it means sweet and sour. Agrodolce is an Italian style sweet and sour sauce using vinegar and sugar and combining it with the onions makes it a great side dish for the pork fillets. This recipe is cooked using the Tefal Ingenio Stainless Steel cookware which can go from the hob to the oven and to the table which means less cleaning up in the kitchen.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pot over a medium heat and add the onions and a small pinch of salt and coat in the oil. Sweat off with the lid on for 10-15 minutes or until they have collapsed by almost half. If the onions reduce too much and are dry, add 100ml of water.
3. Add the capers and currants, followed by the vinegar, sugar and olives. Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes or until soft and sticky. Keep warm.
4. Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof pan over a medium to high heat. Drizzle oil over pork fillets and season with salt and pepper. Sear on each side until lightly golden then place rosemary sprigs into pan and rest meat on top. Place the pan into the oven to cook on 180C for a further 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and rest meat on a board for 5 minutes before slicing into thick medallions.
6. Serve with the agrodolce onions.