Number of People
This recipe is created by Justine Schofield for our partnership with Everyday Gourmet.
Ratatouille is a stewed vegetable dish that is very famous in the south of France when vegetables are at prime during summer. It uses summer vegetables like zucchini and eggplant and is super quick to put together and goes nicely also with a piece of fish or roast meat. The addition of the herb salsa makes it quite elegant and gives some freshness which cuts through the sausage. This recipe was cooked using the Ingenio cookware which is very versatile as it can go from the stove to the oven, to the table and into the fridge.
1. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to a large sauté pan over a medium heat and add the onions and capsicum and cook for a 3-4 minutes to soften.
2. Now add the remaining vegetables, bouquet garni and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir the vegetables and place the lid on and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the vegetables a tender. This can be made up to 2-3 days ahead of time.
3. For the herb salsa combine all of the ingredients including the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat a frypan. Cook the sausage for 10-12 minutes or until cook through.
5. To serve, spoon the ratatouille into a large shallow platter. Arrange sausages on top and drizzle over the herb salsa.