Number of People
1. Place the flour, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper in the bowl fitted with the whisk. Mix at speed 7 for 30 seconds. Add butter and launch the sauce program at speed 4 at 190°F for 5 minutes.
2. Replace the whisk with the kneading/crushing blade, add cheese and ham. Mix at speed 9 for 50 seconds. Transfer dough to a clean bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Heat oil for deep frying to 350°F.
4. Gently form the dough into a 15 x 3-inch roll on a lightly floured surface. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices. Dip each slice into beaten eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs.
5. Fry two or three croquettes at a time for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.